Friday, October 15, 2004

I just remembered how much of a good song "A Walk" by Bad Religion is!

I mean look at these lyrics:-

I'm going for a walknot the after dinner kind
I'm gonna use my hands
and I'm gonna use my mind

and who the hell are you to tell me what to do?
you can't even tie your own haggard shoes
your closet is a mess, and your backyard's falling down
and I have no grand ideas or intentions of sticking around

I'm gonna build a world
independant and exempt
all alone I'll be an empire
with no mortgage and no rent

and I don't need to live in your stinking zoo
you can't even feed the animals donated to you
your storage sheds are ramshackled, flies decorate the walls
and you expect me to die here in this shit-filled tiny stall?

and I know you're watching! everything I do
call me threat to your children call me socially unglued
call me master of insanity, unable to relate
call me lazy, bane, and filthy
call me monstrous reprobate

I'm going for a walk and there's nothing you can do
'cuz I don't have to live like you
so I'm going for a walk

Bwilliant!

Actually, theres also another one "Punk Rock Song"

Have you been to the desert? Have you walked with the dead?
There's a hundred thousand children being killed for their bread
And the figures don't lie they speak of human disease
But we do what we want and we think what we please

Have you lived the experience?
Have you witnessed the plague?
People making babies sometimes just to escape
In this land of competition the compassion is gone
Yet we ignore the needy and we keep pushing on
We keep pushing on...

This is just a punk rock song
Written for the people who can see something's wrong
Like ants in a colony we do our share
But there's so many other fuckin' insects out there
And this is just a punk rock song
(Like workers in a company we do our shareBut there's so many other fuckin' robots out there)

Have you visited the quagmire?
Have you swam in the shit?
The party conventions and the real politik
The faces always different, the rhetoric the same
But we swallow it all, and we see nothing change
Nothing has changed...

10 million dollars on a losing campaign
20 million starving and writhing in pain
Big strong people unwilling to give
Small in vision and perspective
One in five kids below the poverty line
One population runnin' out of time

Also comes (and sung in) german

Warst du schon mal in der Wueste? Schon mal den Tod gesehen?
Hunderttausend Kinder sterben fuer Brot
Und die Zahlen luegen nicht, es ist die Krankheit der Menschen
Doch wir tun was wir wollen, wir denken wie es uns gefaellt

Hast du die Erfahrung gemacht?
Hast du die Plage gesehen?
Leute machen Kinder, einfach nur, um zu ficken Im Land des Wettbewerbs ist kein Mitleid ehr da
Und wir vergessen die Armen, wir machen weiter und weiter
Weiter und weiter

Dies ist nur ein Punk Rock Song
Fuer die, die sehen, dass so nicht weitergeht
Wie Ameisen im Haufen sind wir programmiert
Aber es gibt immer mehr von dieser verfickten Art
Aber dies ist nur ein Punk Rock Song

Hast du schon mal nicht weitergewusst und in der Scheissegesteckt?
Die Parteitagungen und die Realpolitik, die Gesichter wechseln, das Gelaber bleibt
Alles wird geschluckt, und so wird sich nichts aendern

Dies ist nur ein Punk Rock Song
Fuer die, die sehen, dass so nicht weitergeht
Wie Fliessbandarbeiter tun wir unsere Pflicht
Und es gibt noch mehr von diesen stumpfsinnigen Idioten
Das ist nur ein Punk Rock Song

10 million dollars on a losing campaign 20 million starving and writhing in painbig strong people unwilling to givesmall in vision and perspective

Eins von fuenf Kindem lebt in Armut
Der Menschheit laeuft die Zeit davon

Dies ist nur ein Punk Rock Song
Fuer die, die sehen, dass so nicht weitergeht
Wie Ameisen im Haufen sind wir programmiert Aber es gibt immer mehr von dieser verfickten Art
Aber dies ist nur ein Punk Rock Song

figures don't lie they speak of human disease
but we do what we want and we think what we please
one in five kids below the poverty line
one population running out of time

Dies ist nur ein Punk Rock Song
Dies ist nur ein Punk Rock Song
Dies ist nur ein Punk Rock Song

lovely isn't it, I dont speak German at all but that says alot to me :)

No comments: